Thanks to Drew Ramsey, MD who inspired me for this recipe. This salad is simple and so good!
In the original recipe, Drew Ramsey toasted 1/3 cup hazelnuts (350 degree F. for 10-12 minutes) and cooled them before garnishing the salad. I chose sliced almonds instead of hazelnuts.
For the dressing, I whisked together olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice, kefir, honey, salt and pepper. I love this dressing recipe! It taste amazing, it’s acidic and sweet at the same time. I also love adding plain kefir in my recipes, this cultured milk product promotes health. I save this recipe, so I could serve it with a green salad or any summer salad. It’s delightful.
My 15 y. old daughter loves this salad:)
Sources : “Eat Complete : the 21 Nutrients that fuel brainpower, boost weight loss, and transform your health” by Drew Ramsey, MD inspired me for this recipe
Preparation time : 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons plain kefir
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound spinach
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 pint raspberries (or blueberries)
- Combine the oil, lemon zest and lemon juice, kefir, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the spinach among four plates. Top with the carrots, radishes, sliced almonds and raspberries and drizzle with the dressing.
“Cette vinaigrette au goût citronné et sucré est très interessante pour nos salades d’été! “