This Pistachio Ricotta Spread makes a delicious appetizer. It’s so simple to make.
I had never mix ricotta cheese and mascarpone before this recipe, what a great combination!
When you are ready to serve, choose crackers (my favorite crackers for this recipe are buttercrisp) or small pieces of toast.
With a drizzle of honey, it’s so yummy! My taste buds were happy, the honey adds a sweet flavor. As for pistachios, they are the perfect addition in this appetizer.
Sarah from Snixy Kitchen inspired me for this lovely recipe. In the original recipe, you have to add 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil.
- 3/4 cup good-quality ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pistachios
- 2-3 tablespoons honey, for drizzling
- crackers, for serving
- Mix the ricotta and mascarpone together in a mixing bowl with a fork until thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Fold in the pistachios until evenly distributed.
- Spread over crackers or toasted baguette slices with a drizzle of honey. Or serve in a bowl with a knife and crackers on the side.