Well “la petite souris” -Tooth fairy- brought the book “500 cupcakes” to my daughter last week. She tried to cook a new recipe “toadstool cupcakes”. She had never done cupcakes. It was sooo good! I told her : “maybe too much butter!”
So it’s my turn to bake Rum and Raisins Cupcakes. I just changed some proportions, 1/2 cup of butter instead 1 cup of butter. It was delicious! They looked like “Baba au Rhum“!
For the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
For the syrup
- 5 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Soak the raisins in the rum for 2 or 3 hours to soften them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. (175 degree C.)
- Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2 or 3 minutes. Stir the raisins. Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven, combine the syrup ingredients in a pan. Over low heat, dissolve the sugar in the rum. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove pan from the heat. Remove pan from the oven. With a toothpick, prick 5 holes in each cupcake and pour the warm syrup over them. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
“Ces cupcakes aux raisins secs et au rhum sont délicieux et si facile à faire!” 😉