I am so proud to make my first recipe Cajun. I remember my trip in Louisiana and in the New Orleans. The Beignet au Café du Monde in New Orleans were so delicious. In the restaurants the savors of Cajun food smelled so good. Today I cook Cajun Chicken Pasta, it’s sooo easy to make!
Serves : 4 Prep time : 20 minutes Cook time : 20 minutes
- 8 oz egg fettucini pasta
- 1 pd fresh chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 8 small mushrooms (portabello), sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes). Add the red pepper, green pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Reduce heat. Saute and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic, black pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain. Serve with parmesan cheese.