Mashed Potatoes/Purée de Pommes de Terre
These Baked Beans with Tomatoes are do delicious. A wonderful Provençal baked bean flavor!
Serves : 4 Preparation time : 10 minutes + time to soak the beans Cook time : 2 hours
- 8 oz cannellini or white kidney beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 lb peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed but whole
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (basil, oregano) or 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried herbs
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the beans in a large pan of salted water until tender, about 1 hour. Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. (200 degree C.).
- Place the beans in a large baking dish. Mix in the tomatoes, garlic, herbs and oil. Season with salt and pepper, Pour the mixture tomatoes, garlic… into the baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve hot.
Sources : Simply Delicious – Vegetarian by Carla Bardi.