Try this fabulous vegetarian paella! It’s so good! It’s a way to introduce more vegetables for my kids. This dish is really healthy. I could add more vegetables : fresh spinach…. I could also garnish this dish with 1 dried red chili pepper (crumbled)-just before to serve-, but I am sure if I did it, my kids would not eat. And would said, “oh no mom it’s too spicy!” 🙁
I used ground turmeric, instead safran. Turmeric is an alternative to the far more expensive saffron spice. The ground turmeric colored so well the rice.
For diner, this paella is perfect.
Serving : 4 Cooking : 26 mn
Adapted from Carla Bardi’s recipe
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded, cored and sliced
- 11/4 cups rice
- Salt and fresly ground black pepper
- 31/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp (curcuma)ground turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika