I love Croissants. I do not find Croissants in my area. So 3 days ago, I decided to make myself those fabulous pastries.
I put the dough 2 overnights in the fridge, It’s why it’s a long preparation. I said “oh no it’s too long! It’s the first and the last time that I made Croissants.” My son of 14 years old told me : ” mom, your croissants are delicious! Could you make croissants another time!” I said “yes”. So I am sure finally to do again this recipe, because we love Croissants!!!!!!! We just need patience for this lovely recipe:)
Recipe adapted from “The Best of Fine Cooking” Magazine # 60.
Serving : 15 croissants
For the dough
- 4 cups (1 lb.2oz) unbleached all-purpose flour; more for rolling
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs (5 oz) cold water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs (5 oz) cold whole milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs (2 oz) granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs (1 1/2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. plus scant 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz) cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg