Two weeks ago, I received my family in law. My kids and I were so excited. And I was a little anxious to know what I can cook for 2 weeks. Finally I found a good idea for each day and everyone was happy.
I wanted to share with them also my favorite appetizer : Spinach-Cheese Swirls! It’s easy to prepare and you can decide whatever you want to put in the puff pastry. Roll up, cut in 1/2 ” slices and bake for 15 mn. And that’s it!
My daughter love them! I have to watch her or she will eat too much and my guests will have nothing.
- 1/2 of 173 oz. pkg. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 1/2 cup finely shredded cheese (mozzarella, swiss cheese or cheddar cheese)
- 2 scallions (green onions) chopped/ or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 thin slices of ham
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- salt and pepper
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 40 mn before using.
- Preheat oven to 400 degre F.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly surface and form a rectangle approximately 10″x16″.
- Spread 1 cup of cheese on the top. Then add scallions, ham, chopped spinach, salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheese.
- Brush with the egg mixture (1 egg + 1 tsp water).
- Cut into 22 (1/2″) slices and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.