A quick and easy bread loaf! It’s a perfect loaf for a perfect meal – The Breakfast. 🙂
Toasted, it’s so delicious!!!
J’adore mon petit dejeuner! My breakfast is so precious, it’s my favorite meal of the day. When I wake up, it’s a real pleasure to take a cup of coffee.
Take coffee or tea with 3 or 5 muffin bread toasted with apricot jam to a great start! You can spread jam or butter, whatever you want. I prefer particularly jam.
Recipe adapted from Cook’sCountry Best recipes Dec.2013
Make 2 loaves
- 5 cups (27 1/2 ounces) bread flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups hot whole milk (120 degrees F.)
- Grease two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pans and dust with cormeal. Combine flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and baking soda in large bowl. Stir in hot milk until combined, about 5 minutes. Cover dough with greased plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 30 minutes or until dough is bubbly and has doubled in size.
- Stir dough and divide between prepared loaf pans, pushing into corners with greased rubber spatula. (Pans should be about two-thirds full). Cover pans with greased plastic and let dough rise in warm place until it reaches edge of pans, about 30 minutes. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Discard plastic and tranfer pans to oven. Bake until bread is well browned and registers 200 degrees F , about 30 minutes, switching and rotating pans halfway through baking. Turn out bread onto wire rack and let cool competly, about 1 hour. Slice, toast, and serve 🙂