J’adore le Chocolat! Especially Intense Dark Chocolate Bar with 72% cacao! Dark Chocolate has a number of Healthy Benefits, it’s full of Antioxidants, good for your heart, good for your brain, it’s high in Vitamins and Minerals (Copper, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium).
My daughter loves chocolate too, much more than me! Sunday morning, we decided to make Brownies.
This easy recipe is inspired from “How to Cook Everything” by Mark Bittman. It’s a really great Cookbook in my kitchen library : 2,000 Simple Recipes for Great Food, Wow!!!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus a little softened butter for the pan
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-pupose flour
- pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degre F. Grease an 8- inch square baking pan with butter.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring occasionally. When the chocolate is just about melted, remove from the heat and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth. I melted chocolate and butter over a bain-marie, it was easier for me.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the sugar. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Gently stir in the flour and salt. Pour and scrape into the prepared pan and bake until just barely set in the middle, 20 to 25 minutes (I baked for 20 minutes). It’s better to underbake brownies than to overbake them. Cool on a rack before cutting. Store, covered, at room temperature, for no more than a day.