Love Risotto? This traditional Italian risotto is really easy and quick to prepare.
This Risotto makes a perfect dinner. My 16 year old son loves it!
It’s always a pleasure to make and to eat this Risotto. I like the creamy texture.
There is a lot of varieties of Risotto. You can cook the Arborio Rice with mushrooms and chicken, asparagus and sour cream, or calamari and chorizo…
Thanks to Cyril Lignac, a French Chef, who inspired me for this wonderful recipe 🙂
Make 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (300 gr) arborio rice
- 4 oz (113 gr) pancetta, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 100 ml white wine
- 6 cups water + 1 tablet chicken (or vegetable) flavor bouillon / or 6 cups broth
- salt if pancetta is not enough salted
- 3-4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Place 6 cups cold water + 1 tablet of bouillon (or 6 cups broth) in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the frozen peas. Cook for 10 minutes or until mixture starts to simmer. Reduce heat to low to keep hot.
- Place olive oil in a pan over medium-low heating. Add rice, stir, and pancetta, then add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until almost evaporated. Stir in water, a ladleful at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue to cook, stir constantly, for 40 minutes or until the grains are tender but still firm to the bite, without being crunchy.
- Take off the heat and melt parmesan cheese in the pan.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious Italian dish!