It’s wonderful, my 16 y old daughter is registered in cooking class this semester. This week end, she had to make these bites to get extra credit. She made them on Friday and I made them again on Saturday.
These spicy bites are adorable and so delicious, they make a great and festive appetizer!
Serving : 18 appetizers Preparation time : 10 minutes Total time : 23 minutes
- 18 whole wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (125 g) shredded chicken (cooked, about 1 1/2 chicken breasts, baked)
- 4 ounce (115 g) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) hot sauce
- 1/3 cup (35 g) blue cheese (regular)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. (190 degree C.)
- Using non-stick cooking spray or olive oil, grease two 12-count muffin tins.
- Press 1 wonton wrapper into each muffin cup (one muffin pan will only be halfway full). Bake in the oven for 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream cheese with a handheld mixer for about 1 minute until creamy.
- Add butter and hot sauce to the cream cheese; use a spatula to mix them together.
- Stir in chicken and blue cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Drop 1 or 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each wonton cup. Top with extra blue cheese if you wish.
- Place both muffin pans in the oven and allow to bake for 8 minutes until wontons are crisp.
- Remove wonton bites from the muffin cups and garnish with green onions. Serve warm.
“Ces petites bouchées sont excellentes en apéritif!;)