The cookbook Breakfast on the Battery, A Charleston Chef’s Collection of Breakfast and Tea Recipes by Connie Stahl, inspired me for this recipe. I love this book, it’s a collection of great recipes.
This cake is amazing, I really enjoyed making it.
To begin, you have to make the first of 2 batters. Pour it in the pan and place the dried apricots on top. Cook for 25 minutes. While it’s cooking, prepare the 2nd batter, and cook again for 30 minutes.
It’s an easy and delicious cake recipe.
I love the apricot-lemon-vanilla combo, it’s scrumptious! My husband and I love this cake!
This apricot cake is perfect for breakfast or any occasion!
Serving : 8-10 Preparation time : 25 minutes Total time : 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 250 g (1 1/4 cups) granulated sugar
- 170 g (3/4 cup) salted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 255 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 240 g (1 1/2 cups) dried apricots
- 236 ml (1 cup) whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. (190 degree C.). Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg, mixing well. Add flour and baking powder. Beat until batter is well mixed and smooth. Pour into buttered springform pan. Place dried apricot halves on top of batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the whipping cream, 2 eggs, and cornstarch. Mix well and add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix well and pour over the baked apricot layer. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until browned.
“Ce gateau est surprenant et délicieux à la fois!”:)