These baked zucchini sticks are coated in a combination of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese and baked in a hot oven. Such a great appetizer, easy to make and so healthy! Crispy outside and tender inside, you will love them! Serve these zucchini sticks hot with your favorite dipping sauce. I personally serve with a marinara sauce.
Preparation time : 15 minutes Total time : 35 minutes
- 2 or 3 medium zucchini, sliced longways, halved and cut into sticks
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons dried garlic powder
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. (220 degree C.). Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice zucchini into sticks.
- In a shallow plate, whisk together 2 eggs. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Set aside. In a large shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Working with 3-4 zucchini sticks at a time, start breading process by dunking and completely covering zucchini with egg mixture. Take zucchini sticks out of egg mixture, allowing an extra egg to drip off, and place into breadcrumb mixture. Gently coat the zucchini stick completely with breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded zucchini stick onto baking sheet.
- Continue the process until all zucchini sticks are breaded and on baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with Marinara sauce.
Sources : adapted from Jocooks
“Une belle recette pour un apéro réussi!”;)