These whole wheat breakfast rolls are some of the best that I’ve ever eaten!
The texture is light, the wheat flavor is fantastic.
I love the way these breakfast rolls make my kitchen smell.
What a wonderful idea for breakfast or brunch, to share with your family and friends. It’s an easy and delicious recipe!
I like it best served with Irish butter! My daughter loves to eat them with apricot jam! Whatever you decide to put on them, you will not be disappointed.
Makes : 12 Preparation time (including rest time) : 2 hours and 20 minutes Total time : 2 hours and 35 minutes
- 155 g. (1 1/4 cup) whole wheat flour
- 25 g (2 tablespoons) sugar
- 3 g (1/2 teaspoon) fine sea salt
- 7 g (1 package 0.25 ounce) active dry yeast
- 250 ml (1 cup) warm (105 to 115 degree F.) (40 to 46 degree C.) milk
- 43 g (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- (127 g ) 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil spray
- To get started, make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Put whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a large bowl and stir well.
- Add milk, butter and egg and beat with a spoon until smooth. Add all-purpose flour and mix until fully incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Cover bowl and set aside in a warm spot to let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a 12-muffin tin with spray oil and set aside.
- Stir the batter gently to deflate it. Spoon even amounts of the dough into each cup of the prepared muffin tin and set aside in a warm spot until the dough has risen just over the top of the muffin tins, about 1 hour more.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F (205 degree C.). Bake rolls until golden brown and cooked through, 15 minutes.
Sources : Whole Food Market’s recipes
“De délicieux petits pains à tartiner pour votre petit déjeuner!”;)