My nephew, David, showed me how to make sautéed carrots. He is a highly skilled professional cook.
These Sautéed Carrots are sweet, tender and completely delicious. They are also healthy. It’s a savory side dish, easy and quick!
My 2 teenagers love them. What a good reason to make these carrots every week! It’s now my best carrot recipe:)
Thank you David!
Prep time : 15 minutes Total time : 35 minutes
- 900 g organic carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or less)
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat, swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the carrots and cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat. Add 1/4 cup water and cover pan, stirring frequently.
- When the water is almost evaporated, add again 1/4 cup water, and cover the pan.
- Repeat and let cook until the carrots are almost tender.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley 5 minutes before the end.
“Ces carottes poêlées sont si digestes!”;)