Thank you Eva from Eva & Torocoro for these delicious mini chocolate chip breads. I love going to see her new recipes on her cooking blog. She collects beautiful and scrumptious recipes:)
These mini breads are so delicious, perfect for a breakfast or a snack. I enjoyed making them, it’s easy and fun to make.
The most important part in this recipe is choosing the right yeast, I personally buy Platinum -superior baking yeast-*.
Makes : 14 Preparation time (including rest time) : 2h30 Total time : 2h45
- 75 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 g (3 tablespoons ) granulated sugar
- 350 g (2 cups + 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 175 ml warm milk (90 to 100 degree F.) (32 to 37.5 degree C.)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chocolate chips
- 1 package (21 g) baking yeast (* see above)
- First you need to activate the yeast in a stand mixer with the warm milk over it. Wait about 10 min until foam forms on the surface.
- Add the sugar and the egg. Blend a few seconds. Add salt, flour and knead for 4 or 5 minutes. Add the pieces of butter and continue to knead a few minutes at low speed, until you have a well formed ball, moist but not sticky.
- Let the dough rest in a bowl covered with a kitchen towel for one hour in a warm place, the dough should double in volume. Then place the dough on a floured working surface, and roll into a 16 x 12 inch, flattened rectangle. Cut the dough in half horizontally and then cut into 14 pieces vertically (6 x 2.3 inch). Sprinkle chocolate chips on each strip and roll into ball
- Put them in a pan. Cover and let them double in volume for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 345 degree F (175 degree C.).
- Brush them with egg yolk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden.
“Tes petites brioches lunatiques aux pépites de chocolat sont si délicieuses, Eva!”:)