Here is a homemade Italian apple pie. I love it, because it’s an easy and unmissable recipe. This Italian Pie (called tarte aux pommes romagnole in French) tastes just delicious. This sweet dessert is perfect for a potluck or if you a have a big family to feed.
You can keep this cake at room temperature 2 to 3 days, but it tastes best on the first day.
Serving : 8 Preparation time : 25 minutes Total time 1h15
- 700 g (5-6 small) apples, preferably sweet
- 200 g plain flour
- 220 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 100 g butter, melted
- 200 g brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 package vanilla sugar (I use Dr.Oetker brand)
- 1 teaspoon (or less) cinnamon
- Peel the apples, cut them in thin slices and sprinkle with lemon juice. Set them aside while making the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. (180 degree C.).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and the brown sugar with an electric mixer, until the mixture will turn pale yellow. Add the remaining ingredients in the following order : butter, milk, vanilla sugar, salt, flour and baking powder. Beat thoroughly at each addition to get a homogeneous and smooth batter.
- Stir in the apples.
- Butter the baking pan (I used a 10 inch/25 cm round pan) and pour in the batter, sprinkle with powder sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- When it’s ready, remove from the oven and let it cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon before serving.
“Cette tarte aux pommes romagnole est délicieuse avec des pommes sucrées!”;)
Sources : a French cooking blog Le Blog Delacuit