Fast and easy cheesecake! If you like lemon and mascarpone, it’s a great dessert for you.
You don’t have to cook the dessert, just put it in the fridge to firm up.
Thanks to FERRAN ADRIA, a great Spanish Chef, for this lovely recipe.
EL Bulli, located in the small town of Roses on the coast of Catalonia, about two hours north of Barcelona, was among the best retaurants in the world before he closed in 2012. Adria’s creations are designed to surprise and enchant. He was referred as “the Salvador Dali of the kitchen” by the Gourmet magazine. As his experiments are often associated with Molecular Gastronomy.
Enjoy making this dessert! You can serve it with blueberries or raspberries.
Serves 8 to 10
Preparation : 20 minutes
Plus 8 hr chilling
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup prepared lemon curd
- About 20 whole graham crackers
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing 4 inches of overhang. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone with the heavy cream at medium speed until smooth and just firm: do not overbeat. Fold in the lemon curd and a pinch of salt.
- Spread a 1/4 -inch-thick layer of the lemon cream on the bottom of the pan. Arrange a single layer of graham crackers on top, breaking them to fit. Repeat the layering with the remaining lemon cream and crackers, finishing with a final layer of cream. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Uncover and invert the cheesecake onto a platter. Remove the plastic wrap.