My husband and I are big fans of semolina pudding, It’s our favorite dessert since we were young. This pudding is an European dessert cooked with milk. We love it! I could eat a semolina pudding everyday. It reminds me my childhood.
This recipe is simple. You just need milk, sugar and semolina. I love adding vanilla sugar, but this ingredient is optional.
Another way of making this, is adding caramel on the bottom of the bowls.
This dessert is best served within a few hours, unrefrigerated. However it can be refrigerated for several hours or overnight.
I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we do.
Serving : 6 small bowls Cook time : 10-12 minutes
- 1 liter whole milk
- 80 g. (1/2 cup) (2.80 oz) semolina
- 70 g. (1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon) (2.45 oz) granulated sugar
- 1 package of vanilla sugar (I used Dr Oetker) -optional-
- In a saucepan mix milk, sugar and vanilla sugar. Bring milk to a boil being careful not to burn it. Reduce heat to medium.
- Gradually whisk in semolina till blended, Using a wire whisk stir in semolina and simmer for 5 minutes or till lightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, fill into serving bowls and allow to chill until completely set.