I enjoyed making these cupcakes! This classic recipe is easy and I love it!
These cupcakes are light, spongy and they have the right amount of chocolate. The buttercream chocolate frosting is rich and chocolaty. It’s a perfect recipe for any occasion, for anytime of the year.
My son, who is not a big fan of pastries, loved them. I was so surprised.
I will bake a batch again of these wonderful cupcakes topped with a delicious ganache.
If you are a big fan of chocolate and want a surprise inside, stir 3 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into the batter.
Sources : 500 cupcakes (cookbook)
Serves : 15-16 cupcakes Preparation time : 25 minutes Total time : 60 minutes
For the cupcakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (225 g) (8 oz) sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) (7.05 oz) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) (6.35 oz) cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 300 g (10 1/2 oz.) chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) sweet butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. (175 degree C.). Place 16 paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- Combine the cupcakes ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- For the frosting, put the chocolate, cream and butter in a pan over low heat. Stir gently until combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the confectioners’ sugar until the mixture is smooth. Swirl onto the cupcakes.
“Ces petites pâtisseries sont chocolatées à souhait!”;)