Jasna from Around the World – In favorites recipes inspired me for this wonderful Salmon Risotto. She made fennel and salmon risotto. I am not a big fan of fennel. So I chose basil instead and decided to add sun-dried tomatoes.
For this recipe, you can used canned salmon or fresh salmon filet cooked in aluminum foil in oven (400 degree F. – 25 minutes).
My son loves this risotto. He drizzles some lemon in his plate and adds more Parmesan.
This dish is perfect for a family meal.
Serving : 4 Preparation time : 5 minutes Cook time : 30 minutes or plus
- 170 g (6 ounces) salmon
- 6 cups (1,5 l) water + 1 tablet (vegetable flavor) bouillon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 g, (1 1/2 cups) risotto rice or arborio rice
- 120 ml (4 ounces) white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Place 6 cups cold water + 1 tablet of bouillon in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until mixture starts to simmer. Reduce heat to low to keep hot.
- In another pan heat oil and butter, add onion and stir for 2 minutes. Add rice, stir then add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until almost evaporated. Stir in water, a ladleful at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue to cook, stir constantly, for 30 minutes or plus, until the rice is cooked and has a creamy consistency.
- Add the salmon, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan and serve.
“Il y a tellement de varietiés de risotto, qu’il y en a pour tous les goûts!”;)