I am so happy to be in vacation for one week! The elementary school where I work is closed, the kids stay at home. It’s a really great occasion for me to cook and bake new recipes:)
So this morning, I was so excited to make a Ham and Cheese Monkey Bread. It’s my first time making one monkey bread. What a funny name:)
When I talked about my new recipe with my friend Muriel, she was sure I made a cinnamon monkey bread. Because traditionally, monkey bread is sweet. Next time, I will bake a cinnamon monkey bread.
I love it. It’s so fast and easy to prepare. And it’s delicious.
You can eat this bread for appetizer with any sauce of your choice. Or you can bake it simply for a picnic or a dinner with vegetables and a green salad.
Recipe source – Lemons for Lulu –
Preparation time : 10 minutes Cook time: 35-40 minutes Total time : 45-50 minutes
- 1 can large buttermilk biscuits (16.3 oz) (462 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or herbes de Provence)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (3.35 oz) (95 g)
- 1 cup diced cooked ham (4 oz) (106 g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. (180 degree C.). Spray a tube pan or a Bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Cut biscuits into quarters. Toss biscuits with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Arrange 1/3 of the biscuit mixture on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle half of the ham and 1/2 cup of the cheese over the biscuits. Repeat process ending with remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese.
- Bake monkey bread for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Allow bread to rest for about 8-10 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate.
“Bon appétit!” 😉