Perfect cake for a breakfast, an afternoon snack or a dessert!
I just bought at lot of apples (Gala). I coudn’t wait to make apple cake. I made this recipe twice, this week. It’s so easy to make. This cake is amazing, always a big hit 😉
I added one teaspoon of Cointreau to the original recipe. The orange liquor adds a great flavor to this cake, it’s so delicious 🙂
Serves : 8-10 Preparation time : 15 minutes Total time : 1h15
- 200 grams (1 + 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr (1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 9 gr (0.32 oz) vanilla sugar -Dr Oetker-
- 70 grams (5 tablespoons) melted butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 apples
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau liquor (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F. (150 degree C.)
- Greased a pan (I used a 8 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loaf pan)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda. Add sugar, vanilla sugar and one pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center and pour milk, butter, eggs. Beaten until the mixture is smooth. Add Cointreau, mix well.
- Cut the apples in small pieces. Place them in your dough.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Drop off the temperature to 350 degree F. (180 degree C.) and bake for 30 minutes.
“Accompagné d’une tasse de lait, ce gateau aux pommes est excellent!”;)