Oooh La La! This French appetizer is so savory!
My sister in-law, Christina, gave me this recipe 3 years ago. I love making it. It’s a big hit every time.
This recipe is fantastic, because you can use whatever you want. You can choose your cheese, I personally prefer Comté. You can also add black olives, herbs ect. I usually add dried tomatoes to the original recipe. Make your own Ham and Cheese cake:)
My kids are good testers! They loved it.
And my honey asked me some for his lunch box today!
Preparation time : 20 minutes Total time : 1h05
- 100 g (1 cup) ham (small pieces)
- 110 g (1 cup) grated cheese (comté)
- 20 g (1/8 cup) dried tomatoes (small pieces)
- 15 cl milk
- 10 cl sunflower oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 eggs
- 160 g (1 cup + 2 tablespoons) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Place oil and milk in small saucepan. Heat over low until it’s (to) lukewarm (100 degree F).
- In a bowl, mix eggs, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture oil/milk. Mix very well. Add cheese, ham and dried tomatoes.
- Place dough in a greased 10 x 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 -inch loaf pan (grease with oil).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
“Ce cake au jambon blanc et au fromage est vraiment succulent avec du comté!”;)