Here is the best chocolate cake that I’ve ever made! .
This Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake is scrumptious, caramel + chocolate oh my yumminess!
This French recipe is the best for the greatest occasion with a glass of champagne.
For breakfast, it’s also perfect. Make sure to enjoy it with a glass of cold milk 🙂
This cake is so easy to make. Follow the directions and that’s it!. Five minutes whisking eggs and flour, about five minutes preparing the caramel and five minutes to melt the chocolate. Fifteen minutes for the preparation, wow!!!
The hardest part is waiting until you can eat the cake.
Wishing you a Happy New Year 2016 with Fantastic, Healthy and Delicious recipes 🙂
Recipe Sources : La Cuisine de Bernard
Serving : 16 small pieces Preparation time : 15 minutes Total time : 1 hour and 10 minutes and Refrigerate overnight
- 250 grams granulated sugar
- 50 grams water
- 150 grams salted butter, at room temperature
- 180 grams eggs (about 4 small eggs or 3 big eggs)
- 10 grams all-purpose flour
- 125 grams semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 295 degree F.
- Whisk eggs and flour with electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Allow sugar to melt and bring to a boil. Let the mixture caramelized.
- As soon as the caramel is amber in color, immediately remove it from the heat and add the butter. Caramel will bubble, it’s normal.
- Whisk constantly, until the butter is incorporated.
- Pour the caramel slowly on the egg mixture, and whisk at the same time. Set aside.
- Place a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then slowly melt the chocolate with 1 or 2 teaspoons of water . Remove bowl from the heat.
- Pour the chocolate in the egg/caramel mixture.
- Butter a nonstick 9-Inch round cake pan. You can also line the bottom and the side with parchment paper, then butter the paper.
- Pour the batter in the pan. Bake 55 minutes.
- Let the cake cool at room temperature, then pop it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan. Sprinkle powdered sugar before serving.
“Une merveilleuse recette à deguster en famille ou entre amis!” 😉