These last days were a little bit crazy for me, too busy working! That recipe is perfect for busy moms or dads, 5 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook, yeah!
Simple and delicious! I love that 🙂
This dish is full of proteins! My 17 y. old son was so happy, after 2 hours of working out, it was a great for him.
Lentils are also full of good nutritious.
Serving : 6 Preparation time : 5 minutes Total time : 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can prepared lentil soup
- 1 15-oz. can lentils
- 1 15 -oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes, or until softened and translucent. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until garlic is softened, but not browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, soup, chickpeas, lentils and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Add sugar. Bring stew to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until mixture is reduced and sauce has thickened, stirring often from bottom to prevent sticking.
“Excellente source notamment de fer, magnesium, phosphore, potassium,vitamins B, la lentille est vraiment excellente pour la santé!” 😉