The first days of school were a little bit crazy for me!
Living from day to day, during summer it was so easy to cook, I had a lot of time.
Since two weeks, I am working in an elementary school every afternoon. I am so busy and I have to find an idea for dinner and cook every morning. Plus my daughter is picky, it’s so difficult to make her a lunch box.
I really need to be organized! Every year in September, it’s always the mess in my kitchen!
It was also stressful for my daughter. She is a “Freshman” now! It’s her first year in High School. She was lost every day, her school is so grand, it’s a real maze!
This quick and easy dish is perfect for a great dinner, if you have no time. My kids love it, me too!
I skipped the corn, because my honey hates corn! I made it yesterday evening, but I forgot to buy ham 🙁 Anyway it’s also so good! The pineapple give an exotic flavor that I love it.
I have enough for my daughter’s school lunch this morning. Yeah, she is so happy!!
Serves : 4 Preparation time : 10 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bunch of new carrots, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups diced pineapple, canned or fresh
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder and white pepper; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in carrots, corn and peas, and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in rice, pineapple, ham, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
“Ce petit goût sucré d’ananas est un vrai régal!” 😉