Potatoes en Papillote is really easy to prepare : wash and cut the potatoes – mix the olive oil with herbs in a small cup and that’s it! These potatoes are a great side dish.
For this recipe, I chose red pepper flakes. In the original recipe, I had to use paprika -but I had no more paprika 🙁 – .
Feel free to create your own Potatoes En Papillote and swap with seasonings of your choice, such as garlic and herbes de Provence, rosemary and thyme!
You can also just salt them and eat the Papillottes with a French baguette and some butter! Served with a green salad, it will be a simple and fantastic dinner!
Serves : 4 Preparation time : 15 minutes Total time : 1 hour
- 8 potatoes (medium size)
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or paprika)
- Pre-heat oven to 380 degree F. / 180 degree C.
- Scrub and wash potatoes. Do not peel.
- In a small cup, mix olive oil with seasoning of your choice.
- Cut each potatoe into rounds about 1 cm (0.3 inch) thick.
- Place 8 sheets of aluminum foil, each 12 by 16 inches, on a work surface. Place the potatoes on each sheet of aluminum foil, and brush the potatoes with the oil.
- Bring the long ends together in the center and create a 1/2-inch fold. Make several more 1/2-inch folds to form a tight seal, then twist the ends of the packet to close completely (no air can get through it). Place the packets on the baking tray.
- Bake 45 minutes. Transfer the packets to a platter and carefully open them. Serve the potatoes immediately.
Sources : Bistrot magazine
“Ces pommes de terre emmaillotées me rappellent mon enfance. Nature au beurre, elles sont excellentes!” 😉