What a great feeling I had, when I woke up in the morning and decided to make this recipe. I don’t know how many times, I’ve made it! These waffles are very light and fluffy.
When my family decides to visit us and stay a few days, I always make sure to have all the ingredients to make waffles for breakfast. It’s a nice surprise! Easy and simple, our guests love them! It’s always a big hit! The day after, they ask for the same breakfast again. “We would like Waffles!” Ahaha!
Cover with powdered sugar, Nutella or warm maple syrup
Makes : 8 to 10 waffles
- 300 gr (2 cups + 6 tablespoons) plain flour
- 2 envelopes vanilla sugar (0.32 oz) (I use Dr. Oetker brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl. (0.85 cup) beer (I use a light blonde beer)
- 40 cl (0.85 cup x 2) milk
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Pour the beer and beat again.
- Add milk and flour, alternatively in 3 times. Add salt and vanilla sugar. Beat well until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for about 30 mn to 2 hours before using.
- Brush preheated waffle iron with vegetable oil. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
You can keep the batter covered in the fridge for up to 2 days. But be sure to whisk well before using again.
Sources : 750g.com
“Ces gauffres sont vraiment excellentes pour un petit déjeuner!” 😉