J’adore les Macarons, especially the Parisian Macarons. I just came back from Paris. It’s always a real pleasure to see all these French biscuits with a variety of colors, and a lot of flavors.
My favorite is raspberry! It’s so so scrumptious!
Today I made Vanilla Macarons. And I filled them with a Mascarpone cream, so easy to make!
Thanks to my niece Caroline who told me : “you can do it!”
I am so happy, it’s my first time succeeding Macarons. The secret may be the Macaron baking sheet that I just bought and the low temperature of the oven.
They are so perfect!
Ingredients for 30 macarons :
- 2 1/2 cup (280 gr) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (160 gr) ground almonds
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (50 gr) sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 gr) butter
- 1/2 cup (110 gr) mascarpone
- 1 cup (125 gr) icing sgar
- 1 Tablespoon amaretto or brandy (optional)
- 1 teaspoon powdered cocoa (optional)
- Sieve the icing sugar and mix well with the ground almonds.
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites with a electric mixer, add the salt and gradually add the plain sugar until obtaining a thick meringue. Add half of the icing sugar to the almond and stir gently with a spatula from top to bottom. Add the vanilla sugar and the remaining icing sugar with the almonds and continue stirring gently until blended.
- Pour the dough on the Macaron baking sheet.
- Allow to rest between 30-35 minutes at room temperature.
- Cook in preheated oven at 300 degree F. (150 degree C.) for 20-25 minutes until firm to touch. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
To make the filling :
Let the butter soften at room temperature. Place it in a large bowl and beat with an electric beater for 2 minutes until soft and creamy. Add the mascarpone and continue beating a few more minutes. Add the sugar, the liqueur and beat for 3-4 minutes. Fill the macarons with the mascarpone cream and sprinkle with the cocoa before serving.
“Ces Macarons à la vanille sont un réel succès! A quel parfum seront les prochains?” 😉