Yesterday, I bought juicy and tasty strawberries to make these pretty cupcakes. When my daughter saw them, she wanted to eat them all, she is a fan of strawberries!! I was able to save some for my recipe 🙂
This recipe is really easy and yummy! All you’ll need to do is to combine the ingredients for the dough, the ingredients for the topping, cut the strawberries and mix them in the mixture jelly/water. That’s it!
What a wonderful idea to begin the day! They are so perfect for a breakfast!
Makes 1 1/2 dozen
For the cupcakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8-10 strawberries cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. (175 degree C.). Place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans. Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20-23 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and cool on a rack.
- In a small saucepan heat the jelly and water until melted. Brush the mixture on the strawberries. Chill until ready to decorate the cupcakes.
- For the topping, beat the cream, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Spoon onto the cupcakes and arrange the strawberries on the top.
Source: 500 Cupcakes