This salad is incredibly simple! All you need are 7 ingredients : red onion, lettuce, peas, mayonnaise, ham, eggs and cheddar cheese.
It’s one of the best recipes that my sisters-in-law have showed me! Great for a picnic and wonderful for a big party! A great idea for Memorial day!
It’s also an incredible salad, because it’s a great way to finish the leftovers. Instead ham, you can choose chicken or bacon. If you have spinach instead lettuce, it’s perfect too!
I usually make this salad in a large glass salad bowl. So you can see the colorful combination of this Seven Layer Salad.
Thanks Françoise and Christina for this fantastic salad 🙂
Makes : 10 servings
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups (300 gr) (10 oz) frozen peas
- 2 cups light mayonnaise
- 4 lbs (180 gr) ham, chopped
- 8 small hard boiled eggs (or 6 big eggs), chopped
- 2 cups (8 oz) (225 gr) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place lettuce, then onions in a large bowl. Layer peas, mayonnaise, ham, eggs and cheddar cheese on the top.
- Serve chilled.