What a beautiful recipe! The sugar on the top adds a caramelized flavor, so good!
I used Gala, but feel free to use your favorite apples. If you choose Granny Smith, add 30 gr (2 Tablespoons) of sugar to eliminate the sour taste.
Clafoutis is a French batter cake, traditionally made with cherries. Similar to a flan, it’s a very easy and delicious dessert.
This cake is so good especially while it’s still warm.
- 3 apples
- 4 eggs
- 125 gr (1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon) granulated sugar ( and 1 1/2 Tablespoon at the end)
- 10 gr Vanilla sugar
- 80 gr (1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon) sifted flour
- 50 gr butter melted
- 30 cl (or 300 ml) milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 380 degree F. (200 degree C.).
- In a medium bowl whisk together whole eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar. Then pour the butter.
- Add salt and flour. Whisk until well combined. Pour milk.
- Grease a pan (I used a 8-inch round pan)
- Cut the apples in quater. Place them in your pan.
- Carefully pour batter over fruit (the fruits will rise to the top) into the pan and bake for 40 minutes. Add 1,5 Tablespoon on the top. And bake again for 10-15 minutes.
Serve clafoutis warm or at room temperature.