Oh no! I lost the power this morning for 2 long hours! It was so so windy outside!
“How can I bake my Easter cupcakes?”…… “Just wait the power is coming back!”
How I was happy at the end of the morning to see that my oven was working 🙂
I couldn’t wait to mix it the butter, flour, vanilla extract…
These cupcakes are perfect for Easter! With the Speckled Jelly Birds Eggs, they are so colorful!
The vanilla flavor is so wonderful and so yummy!
Have fun with this marvelous cupcake idea for Spring Break!
Serving : 14 cupcakes
Prep : 15 mins
Cook : 20 – 25 mins
- 220 gr (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 220 gr ( 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 220 gr (1 cup + 2/3 cup) self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons yogurt ( I used Chobani’s -greek yogurt-)
- 80 gr (6 Tablespoons) unsalted butter (melted)
- 250 gr (1 cup + 2 Tablespoons) confectioner’s powder sugar
- 25 gr (1 Tablespoon) yogurt
- mini eggs, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 350 degree F. (180 degree C.). Line a small muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time. Fold in the flour. Stir in the yogurt. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until half full. Smooth the tops.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown (20-25 minutes) and test using a toothpick, if it comes away clean the cupcakes are ready. Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing. Beat butter and confectioner’s powder sugar until well mixed, ideally using a electric mixer. Add the yogurt and continue to beat on medium speed until the icing is fluffy. The longer you beat the lighter the icing. Spoon the icing into a piping nozzle. In a circular motion swirl the icing around each cake. Decorate with mini eggs.
Sources : Fabulous Food -magazine-