When I found this French recipe, I couldn’t wait to try it. I love the idea of Apples and AImonds, I thought it was a great combination.
This cake turned out perfectly!
When me and my daughter tasted it, it was definitely surprising! The sugar on the top adds a sweet crunchy kick, making this cake a contrast in textures. It’s magic!
I’ve never made a magic cake. This is absolutely a great dessert, if you want to surprise your guests.
Quelle merveilleux gâteau aux pommes et aux amandes, où le sucre se crystalisant à la cuisson en fait un gateau magique avec ses contrastes de texture!
- 150 gr (1 cup + 1/4 cup) flour
- 120 gr ( 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon) sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 apples peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 2-3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F (220 degree C). Grease an baking pan with butter (I used an 8 inches round pan).
- Mix together eggs and sugar until the mixture is pale yellow.
- Add flour, baking powder, corn starch and milk, and beaten until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour half of the dough in the pan. Add the apples pieces.
- Add the other half.
- Spread sugar (2-3 Tablespoons) and almonds (3 Tablespoons) on the top.
- Drop the oven’s temperature to 350 degree F (180 degree C) and bake for 20-25 minutes.